Can a therapist on Amwell prescribe medication?
No. None of our therapists prescribe medication. In practice, therapists are there to listen, understand your situation, identify more effective coping strategies, and help you through difficult stages of life. However, physicians and psychiatrists on our system can prescribe most psychiatric medications for patients seen on our system. Our therapists work in collaboration with our physicians to provide multi-disciplinary care, resulting in efficient and effective treatment.
Other questions related to Therapy
- Who are the therapists?
- Can my kids see a therapist on Amwell?
- How do you know if your problems are "big" enough for online therapy?
- What is an online therapy session like?
- How long is a typical online therapy visit on Amwell?
- Can I see a therapist online if I am traveling or in another state?
- I have a question that isn’t listed here. Can you help me?
- Will my primary care provider be notified about my online therapy visit on Amwell?
- Can I see a therapist if I am traveling outside of the United States?
- How can one make the most of their online counseling sessions?