Who are the therapists?
The telehealth therapy services provided by Amwell are provided by a network of licensed doctoral level psychologists and master’s level therapists practicing within the Amwell Medical Group. Each therapist is licensed to practice in their state, and trained in prevention and treatment techniques via telehealth. In addition to therapists, we have online physicians who can prescribe medications and manage urgent care and regular office visit medical needs staffed by a national network of U.S. board-certified clinicians devoted to video telehealth.
Other questions related to Therapy
- What expectations should a person have going into their first online counseling session?
- Is my online therapy visit private and secure?
- How can one make the most of their online counseling sessions?
- Will I be charged more if I talk to a therapist on weekends, holidays or at night?
- How much does a visit cost?
- Will my primary care provider be notified about my online therapy visit on Amwell?
- What if I don’t like my therapist?
- What is online therapy?
- What are some common types of online therapy?
- How do you know if your problems are "big" enough for online therapy?