What are some common types of online therapy?
Many therapeutic techniques that are practiced in a brick-and-mortar setting can effectively be used in telehealth as well. As mental health clinicians, our primary tools are our voice and our language, and telehealth presents no barriers to their use.
Many therapists are practicing the same types of therapy online as they do in a brick-and-mortar setting. Telehealth technology can support individuals, couples, family, and group therapy. Therapists frequently use evidence-based treatment such as Cognitive Behavioral Therapy (CBT), Dialectal Behavioral Therapy (DBT), Acceptance and Commitment Therapy (ACT), Motivational Interviewing, and others.
Other questions related to Online Therapy
- Will I be charged more if I talk to a therapist on weekends, holidays or at night?
- How do you know if your problems are "big" enough for online therapy?
- Can my kids see a therapist on Amwell?
- Can a therapist on Amwell prescribe medication?
- How can one make the most of their online counseling sessions?
- What is online therapy?
- Will my primary care provider be notified about my online therapy visit on Amwell?
- What is an online therapy session like?
- Can I see a therapist if I am traveling outside of the United States?
- I have a question that isn’t listed here. Can you help me?