What is an online therapy session like?
An online therapy session is essentially the same as an office visit, but with the convenience and location of your choosing. You will be asked about your current emotional symptoms, potential factors contributing to these symptoms, your history, and what you would like to accomplish in therapy. Using this information, your therapist will develop a thorough assessment and recommend a treatment plan. This will be an ongoing conversation that adapts as your needs change over time.
Other questions related to Online Therapy
- I have a question that isn’t listed here. Can you help me?
- Who are the therapists?
- How much does a visit cost?
- Will my primary care provider be notified about my online therapy visit on Amwell?
- What expectations should a person have going into their first online counseling session?
- Can I see a therapist if I am traveling outside of the United States?
- Why would I see a therapist online?
- Can I see a therapist online if I am traveling or in another state?
- How do you know if your problems are "big" enough for online therapy?
- How can one make the most of their online counseling sessions?