Why would I see a doctor online?
Illness or injury can strike at any time. Amwell helps you get back on your feet, no matter where you are or the time of day. You can see a doctor online for a range of issues, from minor illnesses and injuries, symptoms from a chronic condition, or to address general health concerns. Here are a few reasons people go online to see a doctor:
- “I feel like I should probably see a doctor, but can’t really fit it into my over-booked schedule.”
- “It’s difficult for me to get a doctor’s appointment.”
- “I’m home with my baby or children, or managing other health issues, and it’s hard for me to get to my doctor’s office.”
- “I’m not sure if I should go to the ER or not.”
- “My doctor’s office is closed and I don’t want to go to an urgent care clinic or hospital.”
- “I just moved and don’t know any doctors in my area.”
- “I just need a second opinion.”
- “I’m between jobs and have no coverage.”
- “I have a question about a loved-one’s health and would like some advice.”
Other questions related to Pregnancy and Postpartum Care
- How long is a typical online pregnancy and postpartum care visit on Amwell?
- What is a pregnancy and postpartum care online visit?
- Can a doctor on Amwell order a prescription refill?
- Will I be charged more if I talk to a doctor on weekends, holidays or at night?
- How much does an online pregnancy and postpartum care visit on Amwell cost?
- Can a doctor on Amwell prescribe medication?
- Do I need to schedule an appointment?