Why would I see a therapist online?
One in four Americans is affected by emotional distress at some time in life, but only one in eight seeks care. From chronic concerns such as depression and anxiety, to recent stress caused by events such as grief, divorce, childbirth/parenthood, menopause, or other major life changes, online therapy allows for reliable and convenient therapy visits with licensed and highly-trained therapists.
Here are a few reasons people go online to see a therapist:
- “I feel like I should probably see a therapist, but can’t really fit it into my over-booked schedule.”
- “I am experiencing stress at work and need someone to talk to.”
- “I am having relationship problems and don’t know where to go from here.”
- “I don’t know why I am feeling so sad.”
- “I just need someone to talk to.”
- “There aren’t many therapists in my area.”
- “I’m not sure if a therapist could help me with my anxiety or not.”
- “My therapist is on maternity leave and I don’t want to go to go to a clinic.”
- “I just moved and don’t know any therapists in my area.”
- “I just need a second opinion.”