What is a bridge prescription?
When an Amwell physician determines you need a change in medication, but due to either state laws or some other reason he or she prefers not to write a full prescription, the physician may furnish you with a “bridge prescription.” A bridge prescription is an order for a limited supply of medication – usually enough for 15 to 30 days – that will cover your needs until you see your primary care physician and receive a physical examination to determine if the medication is right for you and if a longer supply is warranted.
Other questions related to Chronic Care
- Can I get a prescription online?
- What information do I need for my visit with an Amwell physician?
- How effective is telemedicine in helping me manage my chronic conditions?
- Can Amwell physicians diagnose a chronic condition?
- For which chronic conditions or other long-term care issues does Amwell currently provide management?